WE PROVIDE PRACTICAL MEDICAL EDUCATION & CULTURALLY SENSITIVE
MEDICAL CARE TO UNDERSERVED COMMUNITIES WORLDWIDE.
We identify and assess the medical needs of each community while learning and respecting local culture and knowledge.
We provide clinical care while working alongside health workers within the community, learning from one another as we see patients.
We teach local health care providers using established protocols while incorporating regionally specific knowledge.
We create project management systems and maintain contact with our partners to provide long-term community support.
We partner with communities and existing organizations at their invitation to aid in local development.
• Half of our world's population lacks access to basic health care.
• The most common illnesses around the world are treatable and/or preventable.
• The poorest and most remote communities have the least-educated health care providers and the greatest burden of illness.
• Health care education and
delivery is a proven pathway to development.
Sources: The World Health Organization and the Gates Foundation.
• We partner with established organizations in ‘last mile’ communities with minimal access to medical education or health care resources.
• We provide culturally sensitive clinical care and medical education.
• We share resources and tools with local and visiting healthcare providers.
• We serve as an ongoing resource for community health workers.
• We help to accelerate our global neighbors’ journey toward self- reliance and thriving development.
Life is hard in many of the locations we serve, and we know that we cannot cure all illness or stop all suffering. But with careful acknowledgement of harsh realities, we can help. We believe that compassionate care and education, offered with kindness and in communion with our global neighbors, is the best kind of medicine.