WE PROVIDE PRACTICAL MEDICAL EDUCATION & CULTURALLY SENSITIVE
MEDICAL CARE TO NEGLECTED COMMUNITIES WORLDWIDE.
• Half of our world's population lacks access to basic health care.
• The most common illnesses around the world are treatable and/or preventable.
• The poorest and most remote communities have the least-educated health care providers and the greatest burden of illness.
• Health care education and
delivery is a proven pathway to development.
Sources: The World Health Organization and the Gates Foundation.
• We partner with established organizations in ‘last mile’ communities with minimal access to medical education or health care resources.
• We provide culturally sensitive clinical care and medical education.
• We share resources and tools with local and visiting healthcare providers.
• We serve as an ongoing resource for community health workers.
• We help to accelerate our global neighbors’ journey toward self- reliance and thriving development.
• We partner with communities, local organizations, and other NGOs in order to enhance our impact on local development.
• We identify and assess the medical needs of the community while learning about and respecting the local culture.
• We provide practical medical care with respect and support for the community and its established providers.
• We teach local health care providers using established protocols while incorporating regionally specific knowledge.
• We create project management systems, supporting invested community health workers in the long term.
Life is hard in many of the locations we serve, and we know that we cannot cure all illness or stop all suffering. But with careful acknowledgement of harsh realities, we can help. We believe that compassionate care and education, offered with kindness and in communion with our global neighbors, is the best kind of medicine.